The Sports Trainer course is developed with an ultimate goal of providing a safe environment for those who are engaged in sport. With the experience in organizing world-renowned postgraduate programmes in Sports Medicine and Health Science, we would like to further propagate the importance of safe sport by providing Sports Trainer course for all people involved or interested in sport.
The Fudamental Level and Advanced Level will be offered to cater different level of needs. These two courses are designed to equip students with practical skills and latest knowledge.
WHAT IS SPORTS TRAINER ?
Sports Trainer provides a crucial link between the coach, player and health care professional. Sports Trainer is professional who applies scientific knowledge to train athletes and deal with athletes’ injury for the sake of making sport safer. This is achieved by:
- Designing and Implementing appropriate injury prevention protocols
- Preparing athletes for competition with tapping and massaging skills
- Providing acute care for urgent sports injuries
- Providing immediate crisis management of severe injuries
- Referring the injured players to a more qualified health professional for further advice and management
- Working in conjunction with health professionals (e.g. physiotherapist or doctor) to ensure a safe return to play for injured players
- Educating players and coaching staff in relation to return to play principles.
With the appropriate immediate care offered by Sports Trainer, athletes at the community level could avoid the risk of suffering from an otherwise preventable injury.